Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Homemade Ravioli dessert laundry

On Sunday baba took off and I decided to cook homemade ravioli I had never made it in my life and I figure that I should give it a try.  It was easier than I expected, we all love it...great thing to keep frozen for a fast meal.

The recipe for the dough I took from here  I look around for a while but all of them asked for so many eggs that made me sick so the one I found with the least amount of eggs I too.  For the filling I just came out with it myself using leftover chicken from the day before and some ricotta cheese with parsley nothing fancy.

BASIC RAVIOLI DOUGH

150 Ravioli (8 to 10 servings)
3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt 3 whole beaten large eggs
2-1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 cup of lukewarm water

Sift flour in large bowl, make a well in center and add salt, oil, eggs and water. Mix liquid and flour gradually until absorbed. Place dough on floured board and knead dough thoroughly for 3 to 5 minutes until dry and smooth. (Add more flour if dough is still sticky). Cover and set aside 10 to 15 minutes. 

Nenas when you do this, when you are ready to start stretching it make sure you cut it two pieces of the same size one for the bottom one for the top..and make sure to make it very thin.



As you can see it takes allot of playing with the dough like I tell las nenas and stretching and stretching


I tried so much making a rectangle but is not easy or  maybe because I am not so savvy, but hopefully I will finally learn.


Yes nenes mami's raviolis have all shapes circles, triangles, squares etc.


Now that I know how to make the pasta I will venture more with the filling.


After a great Sunday this is what my Monday looks like....I hate laundry with a passion...specially folding and putting it away so I usually start early Monday and as the day progresses I accumulate all the folded clothes in the dinning table by the time is time for dinner I have already finish and I am ready to put everything away.....I miss Abu when she is home she always does my laundry she knows I hate it and I cook since I know she does not really care for the kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm trying to find a whole wheat one, but I think I'm gonna have to give in and buy reg flour for this project lol.

I don't mind laundry so much... Dishes on the other hand... I spend a good amount of time in the kitchen today cleaning cast iron skillets I'm just unpacking because I dreaded it so much lol.