Monday, November 2, 2009

Crafting away!

Last year I did one of the Christmas gift for Samia, Carmelita her doll...so this year I decided to do more of their toys.  There are a few things that I have on mind one was felt food.  The girls love to play in their kitchen and there are certain foods that they always mention so I started searching for ideas to make them.  It took me a couple of days to come up with bread, tomatoes, lettuce, bologna, different types of cookies, doughnuts, eggs and strawberries.  I know Samia is going to love this.


I then wanted to do  this but as I was doing it, I notice it was not coming out that good so I decided to fill it it with the felt food, but once again I got excited and I started to decorated it the outside.  


I think I will make another one for Gamila just for doll stuff!
















I also want to make this puppets they love playing with their puppet thing thanks to my friend Katherine she gave it to us.  I think I will start working on that soon!


Nenas is hard to do crafts when I have you two around although if Samia is doing her activities she let's me work, Milo you are a whole different story I have to keep you entertain in my little sewing closet...funny the other day baba mention how he thinks that in a couple of weeks with my belly I would not fit in there.  I have to take pictures of it.  He might be right it reminds me of the kitchen in a basement I used to live in NY.  

I remember this basement had no air conditioner neither and in the summer I would wet my blanket and sleep with it wet so I could keep cool, and I am not lying maybe 3 hours later I had to do it again because the blanket was dry by then...I still remember that summer....don't know how I jump from sewing room to new york basement, but nenas by the time you read this you will know mami is a bit hyperactive all around. 


About the baby we being trying to come up with a name..hard hard hard thing.


I like Kairos baba does not like it, althgough I am hoping I can convince him I still have 4 months!!!!!


We liked Adam but too common.

Baba has even mention of Yehia but I don't think so!!!!


Baba likes Gibril but this is Gabriel to us in Spanish and is hard for me to get used to saying Gibril instead of Gabriel...I have to admit I do like it but my tongue does a little dance when I say it and not only that I have to think about it...it does not came out naturally so imagine mami with la chancla trying to say Gibril, Gabriel No joda ven pa'ca pelado!!!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're soo funny!! Yeah mom's can also mess up names, when I named my children I also thought about how my mom would say the name. I ended up picking names for my boys that I always wanted as a little girl. They are common but I figure the way that everyone's naming their children nowadays will make their name uncommon. Thanks for all the information that you sent me!Gracias amiga! Cuidate, muchos abrazos y besos desde ElPaso,TX!

Stylomom said...

You are sooo good in making your crafts, so clever and where do you get all the time?
I know this name dilemma and I had books and books on them. Still I stick with simple names just for my kids sakes, no mispronunciations or abuse from their friends, you know what I mean..