Thursday, April 23, 2009

Password Are Like Underwear!!!

Today is password day!
Why do we need passwords???? I have to admit I always wonder what people think of when they set up a password hummm...their birthday , the day they got marry, the day their mother die, the day they had their kids, the day they lost their virginity, their favorite color, their favorite food, their zip code, the day they graduated, their nicknames, their favorite food, their maiden name and the list goes on and on.

Funny when my parents were growing up they never had a need for a password they only worry about locks, keys and the checkbook...now days our lives are ruled by passwords, well that is if you are a member of the cyber world. How can a combination of numbers and letters be so important in someones life, literally your life can change with that password, your bank account can be clean out, your email can become public, your job can be in jeopardy.

In my little investigation I found these are the most common password
  1. password I WOULD NOT HAD USED THIS
  2. 123456 MAYBE
  3. qwerty NEVER
  4. abc123 NEVER
  5. letmein NEVER
  6. monkey NEVER
  7. myspace1 NEVER
  8. password1 NEVER
  9. link182 NEVER
  10. (your first name) NEVER
Nenas most likely when you read this passwords would be old no longer needed....I wonder what would be next fingerprint, eye scan, saliva swab, DNA hummmmm we will wait and see.

7 comments:

Kris said...

None of those I'd use either... I learned how important it is to change them... someone got into mine on ebay and ordered things from overseas. Thankfully they stopped it and stuff. But... is scary really.

Anonymous said...

Our laptop has a fingerprint scanner you can use to "log in". Still need a password too, though. I generally use the same passwords repeatedly, but don't think I would ever use any of the ones on that list.

Anonymous said...

I know there are so many passwords in my life that when I encounter one that I haven't used in a long time, I always have to click the forgot password?this hactually happens too often in my life!

Amanda said...

LOL! Who would use those passwords? I know somethings, including computers, use fingerprints. Or what about those laser eye scanners you see in movies?

Counselormama said...

I like the changes! I use the same password for everything, which is probably not good, but it's the only way I can keep track!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. I try to change my passwords a few times a year.

Have a great, sunny weekend!

Umm Omar said...

this made me laugh. I try to use the same password for everything just because I have a poor memory. The problem is, when I open a bank account, they require a password made of letters & numbers, then I sign up for online statements and for that I need a password at least 8 characters long when I already chose a password that was only 6 when I opened the account for my card. And then my voicemail has no requirements so for that I chose my most basic password 6 months ago that's only 4 letters. The result is that I have to go through 3 or 4 passwords before I hit gold. (sigh). I want the simple life.