Saturday, January 3, 2009

Helmet Jelmet Casco no Jodas!

MAMI WITH LOS TIOS EN UN TRICICLO
I GUESS I WAS NOT TOO HAPPY WITH BEING A PASSENGER
(looking at this pictures remind me of all the times Tio Fabio used to ride the bike and I will sit en el timon while he ride and I will tell him straight stop)
So Samia has had a little bike for ever, but today she decided it was going to be the day she was going to use it. So she gets on it (keep on mind I live in an apartment with carpet) and starts pulling her self and all of a sudden she stops and says "Mami I need a helmet" I try to explain to her that there is no needed for it here inside the house. Really I never wore a helmet in Colombia to get in my bike and believe me I was a little motor cross girl with my bike putting boxes with wood and cements blocks to make ramps and jump with Tio Fabio and NO HELMET I think I never owed one.

So the war of words stared. I say HELMET well apparently to my Samia I don't say it right (and I know she is right is just one of those words that my tongue gets stuck and I just can not pronounce it) I don't know if is only me, or it also happens to other that english is not their first language but there are certain words in the English language that I just can not say right, I just hear myself saying them and I want to start running. Well today I was being corrected by my 2 year old. The back an forth went on for a while to the point that I said okey "NO JODAS CON EL BENDITO HELMET-JELMET CASCO CASCO MIJA" and following this we ended up in Walmart buying one...

Oh and I was amaze at how expensive those Cascos can be the least expensive one was 17.00 dollars WOW I could not believe my eyes...I think there should be a recycle campaign for the Cascos.

No comments: