Friday, October 10, 2008

Nuestro primer hogar!

Samia and Gamila while I was in Egypt and going thru titi's Mio computer I came across the first apartment baba and mami lived in. It was 2003 Astoria, New YOrk.
Baba used to live with his uncle and I used to live with a roomate a mexican lady, she was a very nice woman a bit moody but we got along.
Mami and baba needed to find an apartment in NY something that is not easy but thank God we were lucky, the apartment was in the second floor the owners lived in the bottom floor

It was a 2 bedroom apartment all new it was pretty and cozy, mami and baba did not have much furniture but we made the best out of.
From Pictures from Amira's computer

This was baba's and mami's room
From Pictures from Amira's computer

This was the other room Abuela and titi MIo stayed there with us
From Pictures from Amira's computer

That was our living room I know nenas no furniture (but always remember, you always start from the bottom and build up slowly and steady to make a strong fundation
From Pictures from Amira's computer

That was our dinning room, that door you see would take us to the ceeling of the patio of the bottom apartment, we could not walk on top of it was dangerous, but baba used to put a little barbecue outthere and cook shish kabab for us . I also had a little friend it was a small girl maybe 4 years old back then, she was Indian and lived diagonal to us and she would always look out her window and I will sit by the door and open it and we will scream to each other she would ask me what I was doing, what I was cooking where was the cat. I will never forget her, we actually became friends with her dad and mom later on.
From Pictures from Amira's computer

That was my fish tank and my fish Gully he was with me since 1997 till 2003, when baba changing his water kill him, although baba was never very happy with Gully, since baba is supersticious and does not like fish inside the house...so girls get ready to bargain with baba if you guys ever want a fish as a pet
From Pictures from Amira's computer

Baba cooking
From Pictures from Amira's computer

and finally the 7amame.

No comments: