Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eid, Amira&Yousef, What are we going to miss?

So today we went to Mona's house however before leaving Fifi and her family came over, she came over with Ahmed and Mohamed her sons (yes is hard to keep up with so many Ahmed's and Mohamed's but I try my best). While we were at Mona's house some of Bassant's friends came over and right away Samia join the older crowd
From week 10.05.08
Mona lives in a place called Samouha a very nice neighborhood close to the Club, she actually lives diagonal to it in the 8th floor so I was able to take a few pictures one of the club and the other one of the mosque inside the club
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
Bassant then left with her friends and Samia found and ariza a doll and she just love it she dance with it and played while we were there
From week 10.05.08

So when we arrive home Amira was there with Yousef, she was so sweet she bought the girls a present for Eid, that is so sweet of her she is a very kind girl
From week 10.05.08
Gamila was enjoining the compan from Yousef
From week 10.05.08
I asked her if I could take pictures of her since she covers fully, I did not know if it was allowed and she really enjoy the camera, and I also happen to think she is a very pretty girl
From week 10.05.08
So I tell her please let me take a picture of you with your veil and this is what I got, she is so funny we could not stop laughing before and after
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
We were taking her home, she does not live far but with the baby is allot of walking.
So today I was amazed to see how crowded the streets were, you will see all the cars and taxi filled with whole families, very much like Christmas everybody going to visit other peoples homes and taking gifts for the kids.
From week 10.05.08
this are some of the streets today at about 11:30PM
From week 10.05.08
I just love this fruit stands I can not stop taking pictures of them
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
I am not sure if I have mention this but is very common for at least in every two blocks find a tea shop like this, most of the man visit them every night drink tea, smoke shisha and talk. There are a few around the house and I have to say in the last 6 weeks I can always spot some of the same faces. They usually stay there till 2 o'clock in the morning or later, in some they play domino's, backgammon. Girls Baba used to go sometimes to play and smoke, Guido never
From week 10.05.08
these are the famous carts in the corners, you will find them selling anything from faul (egyptian beans), kebda (liver), arabeet akl falafel etc, not sure how sanitary they are but I can guarantee you the food is good.

So of course we are going to miss Guido, Zetu, and Suzzu, and the food.
Here in Egypt everything tastes different, although you can go to the supermarket, around the house you find those carts that sell the products that come from the Delta are. Or you find allot of ladies or man that come from elfalaha (country side) and travel hours to sell their cheese their butter etc. Guido buys everything from them for instance the Gibna arissa(cheese) that we love is brought by Sohier, she also brings the butter and makes us platters like feteer this is so good with meat although girls your baba makes a very good one back home, is just time consuming to make. Gamila when I was pregnant with you I wanted to eat this all the time. Samia with you I ate foul every morning, I was addicted to it I used to eat it with allot of lemon and tomatoes, sometimes with tahina. Oh Samia you are going to miss your Zabadi (yogurt), and so many other things, I guess when we go back home we are really going to start remembering what we miss.

No comments: