Friday, September 12, 2008

Alone, Hanging clothes to dry, Guido time, Ballet, Dance for Ramadan

From week of 9.14.08
So Yehia left on Wednesday midnight to catch his bus to take him to Cairo thank God he made it safe and sound, and the bags as well with all of the stuff we purchase.
From week of 9.14.08

Is weird being here without Yehia, but I guess as the days go by, I will get more used to it.
From week of 9.14.08
Here are some pictures of Yehia before he left and some pictures of Suzzu's famous soap, girls baba knows the quantities and I had forgotten to add water and lemon.
From week of 9.14.08
Oh I also wanted to say that here in Egypt food is a major thing specially in Ramadan so Suzzu spends allot of time in her kitchen since her knees are giving up on her she keeps a stool and she sits on it while she cooks and washes the dishes, is just adorable.
From week of 9.14.08

Yesterday Thursday we did not go out since we did not have a good night waiting for Yehia to arrive to Cairo then to New York and finally to New Orleans..Samia you are only 2.5 years old and the whole day the only thing you say is fein baba fein Yehia, even in your sleep you mention his name many many times, he is just your shams...every time you hear the door you say Yehia, when I turn on the computer you say mail Yehia, and today you finally spoke to him in the computer and you started to cry when you heard his voice, I don't blame you I did the same.
Today Friday is holiday here so I wash the clothes and then I hang it in the balcony, nenas I know that by the time you read this you would already know but I fear heights, I don't like being in a balcony high up I will not look down, and here in Egypt I have to hang the clothes in the balcony that is were they have the lines and we are in 3rd floor so every time I do it I glue my feet to the floor here is a view from the balcony.
From week of 9.14.08
I wanted to mention in this picture you see a cart being pulled you get tens of those cars passing in front of the house they all scream different things, some sell lemons, vegetables, some want to buy old stuff, etc. Is nice to hear them scream they all talk so fast I have a hard time understanding and funny but to me it always sounds like YEHIA YEHIA
From week of 9.14.08
IN front of Yehia's house there is an elementary school, school has not started yet it would not start till September 21st, the last time I was here the school was in session and it gets very loud I know Samia is going to love watching the kids.
From week of 9.14.08
From week of 9.14.08

Not sure what day this was but Guido loves playing with the girls and they love playing with him is so much fun
From week of 9.14.08
From week of 9.14.08
.
So after washing the clothes taking a nap like a typical Egyptian waking up around 6 to go downstairs for dinner, they are about to break the fast is about 6:20 PM now it changes everyday by a minute or so, they wait for shot that is fired on the air, that announces they can eat, not sure if its heard all over the city but we surely hear it here. So at about 9:00 PM Guido, Samia, Gamila and myself went to get the car out of the garage and I though we were just going to drive around, so I did not take my camera I regret it so much. We drove around and we ended up in this nice garden the place hasd like a theater in the middle of the place with many seats, Guido took GAmila in the stroller and I took care of SAmia there were many families with children first we walked and walked I run with Samia and all of a sudden we stoped by the water and the small stage. Guido told me they were going to have a small ballet show for the children with nice music, it is called Small Wings Samia loved it the girls dance and boys, then the show was finish, by this time Samia had over 10 friends boys and girls calling her Samia taelly hena, or come here she was enjoying herself so much, she just love it laughing, running, she was in paradise and Gamila was very happy with Guido watching the stage with the fnon shaabia band this was very upbeat music like belly dance music, man with galabeyas some woman with folkloric clothing, there were maybe 15 people in stage all singing and playing instruments very upbeat we all love it. We left around 1 O'clock in the morning, Guido tells me they would stay there till about 2 or 3 in the morning then go home eat and sleep. fun fun fun, only in Egypt

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man that is late!!! I am glad to hear you are having a good time. We miss you guys!

Kim said...

I am so glad you guys are having so much fun - I know it means the world to you that your girls are getting this special time with the abuelo and abuela! Have fun, be safe and know that we miss you!