Monday, September 29, 2008

The Zoo, Gamila the Bully, Glasses, The Gardens, The Stairmaster, Hello Carseat, Coffee Junkie, Turmoil Wall Street

Today was a busy day, to start the girls are back on schedule they wake up early and go to sleep at a reasonable time not as early as I wanted to but is a start from going to sleep almost at 2 o'clock. Tomorrow is Ramadans last day they look for the full moon today and found it so tomorrow the fasting would be finish and Eid would start for 3 days.
I should start by saying that Gamila beat up Samia with the control, not sure how it happened but I just heard Samia screaming No Milo and then crying, so right away Samia ask for Dora and she did get a little black and blue from being hit with the phone headset.
From week 10.05.08

Samia your addiction for glasses goes beyond sunglasses, you even use Guido's and to read.
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08

So this morning we went to the Zoo, I have never seen a Zoo like this most likely Colombia is the same but I don't remember. Not sure what to think of the conditions of the Zoo or the treatment to the animals.
From week 10.05.08
I have learn in my life I can not criticize how things are done here or in Colombia people have a different mentality and I am nobody to judge. So our first stop the batas(ducks)
From week 10.05.08
and I was amazed by the amount of stray cats
From week 10.05.08
I should mention here you find hundreds in the streets, at night I hear them fighiting outside, I think Samia is not amazed by otta's anymore like she calls them. So Samia is like crazy running and she finds this white birds look a little like flamingo and she is screaming pio pio
From week 10.05.08
Then we go down a couple of stairs to find the deba (bears)at this point I am not sure how things work in these place, when all of a sudden Ia notice a young man walking towards the deba and he gets this long metal stick and the deba comes to him and he starts talking and they stick their tongue out etc,
From week 10.05.08
so then Guido tells me you want to feed them, this people work for baashish (tips)
From week 10.05.08
here in Egypt everything is run by this.
From week 10.05.08
So Samia and I start feeding them balah (dates) to the deba, it was great she love it.
From week 10.05.08

The young men tells the deba,
From week 10.05.08
"Stick your tongue out"
From week 10.05.08
"Show me your teeth"There were a few more bears smaller and then Samia starts screaming
From week 10.05.08
"Hello little bear" relating to the cartoon she watches.
From week 10.05.08
Then she sees the Bambi and she stood in front of the cage and says "hello bambi is hot here bye bambi" so funny. So then I see an elephant and like it was to imagine a little door with another man, we go inside and what do we find the elephant wants to eat squash,
From week 10.05.08
so I feed him, Samia was a bit afraid I have to admit I enjoy feeding the elephant, I don't think I have ever been so close to one. Even Gamila got to be very close to an elephant.
From week 10.05.08
I love the way the caregivers of these animals pose for the pictures they are professionals. Our next stop was the ostrich, once again we feed her this time Samia agrees to feed her zucchini.
From week 10.05.08
By this time I was so proud of you Samia you are usually my little scare chicken but today you were safari ranger. Our next stop was the gazal bary we feed them there were several but Samia would only feed the babies.
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
Then we see the lions very far like back home, and I see a nice building with two statues of lions, so at this point I am thinking is an exposition or something, however when we are walking in I hear the loud grawl of tigers and lions, I am thinking is a movie etc, when we walk in I find cages,
From week 10.05.08
by this time Samia was scared from the sound, the place echos I really wanted to feed them, but since Samia was afraid and not only that Guido notices one of the sides doors was open so we just speed up our pace and left.
From week 10.05.08
We went around and found some more baby jaguars like Samia calls them because of Diego, this ones we could not feed, I was amaze at how many tigers and lions they have like 15, well I guess I am in Africa so it figures! Then we finally made it to the erdaas (monkeys) or Boots like Samia would say because of Dora,
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
we feed many monkeys, babies, mamis etc they eat carrots and we spend a very very long time feeding them and Samia would talk to them.
From week 10.05.08
There was a little one in particular that she did not want to stop talking to the little monkey about Boots and Dora,
From week 10.05.08
we had to drag her from there and promises her that Bookra Inshallah we come back. To calm her down Guido had to show her the birds like the ones we have back home.
From week 10.05.08
Then we found this nice statue from the Antoniadis Garden I would talk a little more about it later on
From week 10.05.08
And like always Samia loves to run and run
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
So after we got out of the zoo we walk towards the Antoniadis Gardens this place was built like a miniature version for the Palace of Versallie it was built in the early 19th century girls I should mention baba used to spend allot of time here while he was going to school drawing etc. On our way there Samia decided to be a model and pose in every tree
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
So we finally made and we needed a rest from the heat and sun so Gamila and I decided to take some shade
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
Girls the following picture baba had to draw back in his college days
From week 10.05.08
By this time SAmia was tired so poor Guido while fasting had to carry Samia back to the car
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
Like I mention before everything here is tips, by the time we were coming back this man sees us and he starts right away cleanign the car so Guido could tip him
From week 10.05.08
So we are heading back home, and this is Alexandria a few days before the Eid everybody in the street buying things.
From week 10.05.08
This is a line to buy bread very common here in Egypt. Very common also to find the garlic and red onions in plants like this in houses, for their daily use
From week 10.05.08
From week 10.05.08
Okey Samia and GAmila I decided to take a picture of the two of you without car seats in Egypt, you can be kissing this freedom good bye in about a week you guys would be back to being in your carseats.
From week 10.05.08
Samia by this time you have become an expert on going up and down the stairs since you pretty much do this about 6 times a day
From week 10.05.08
Samia I should mention your addiction for coffee is just like mamis you just love it today you were drinking turkish coffee without sugar, just like me.
On a complete different note, girls I heard and read as I was growing up about the Great Depression, I should mention the USA economy ion the past couple of months has being suffering greatly and most likely in about 20 years or less when you guys are in school you will read about it, I just wanted to let you know what the two of you were doing when banks were going under, investment firms were going bankruptcy and the goverment was trying to find remedies trying to put bandages in the economy system, when Obama and McCain were running for president, when the war in Iraq was still going on, when Russia invaded Georgia, when Chavez is kicking out ambassadors from Venezuela, when Cuba is not longer being ruled by Fidel. An on this particular day when you guys were all the way in Egypt in a Zoo the stock market took a recored plunge of 777, more than back in September 11, 2001 (I will tell you girsl more about this day and were was mami).
I love you novias mias

No comments: