Thursday, March 12, 2009

Reading Update 5

So I just finish another book I have read 3 books in the past month I am so happy about that, I love reading.

The fact that I am stay home mom I don't want to stunt my brain from growing only with only mami stuff -- as when did the baby eat, when did he burp, did he sleep, how much sugar did he have, where did I get her shoes, the dress is in sale at Gap, Gerber is coming out with a new food, she is saying 2 more phrases.

I know is all because of Abuelo I like to read he is always reading till this day...I love calling him in Colombia and have our 5 minute talk about books and what he has read and what I have read. Inshallah one of my girls would be like that. (no presure nenas about reading is just good for you mind) we will see!


Three Cup of Teas - I have no words to describe this book is more than great is inspiring, easy reading and it can teach you so so many things, about love, courage, geography is something I will love for one of my girls to read one day.

The Man in the White Sharkskin Suit: A Jewish Family's Exodus from Old Cairo to the New World - This was an interesting book, I learned a little bit about Jews, Egyptians and the history of Egypt. It has a very nice story about the love of a daughter for a father, and very smooth book to read what I call a fast read.

7 aƱos secuestrado por las FARC - A good book in Spanish, about kidnap is hard to believe that there are people that can do that to another human beings an inspiring story for survival. Also learned about Colombian politics and also shows you how us as human are animals of habit.. and we can do anything we set our minds to do.

4 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I will have to look into getting Three Cups of Tea, it sounds great:)

Stylomom said...

Great I like to read too problem is I find it difficult to put down a fiction and get lost into it immediately...try these books, A thousand Splendid Suns, and Time Travellers Wife, all sooo touchingly sad... and make you feel you have got more than others..and feel thankful. I have too many academic books to finish, better not touch any fiction right now, at least.

Anonymous said...

Gracias!! Thanks for the well wishes, Yeah counselormama is my cousin! Her mom is my moms's older sister! Yeah she's a lovely person! I love to read books too! I will try the Three Cups of tea, the other ones sound very educational and tempted to try them too!

Sketched Soul said...

Thank you for the post.. I'm going to see if I can get the second on, it sounds interesting :D

Take care